Can I export a complete confluence site but import from the same file space by space into confluence

anoja sahoo September 27, 2017

I need to move a confluence instance from server to cloud. I have exported the confluence site . But the size of the export file is too big to be imported to the confluence cloud instance as a site. Is there any way I can use the same export file and import it space by space into the cloud instance?

Reference : 

Migrate from Confluence Server to Cloud

Step 4. Check the size limits

Site import in Confluence Cloud is restricted to a maximum 200 megabytes for the uncompressed XML files inside the backup zip file. This is the 'data size' of the backup. There's no limit to the size and number of attachments.

When you try to do the import, Confluence will inform you if the backup data is too large.

To manually check the data size of the backup:

1. Unzip the backup file.
  2. Sum the sizes of the XML files in the root directory of the zip file (this will be at least the file named entities.xml and may also include XML files added by plugins).

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Peter DeWitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 27, 2017

Anoja, from my experience the backup works as a single unit.  It's all out and all in.  I think you are going to have to migrate space by space.  You could also looks at archiving / removing old content and pages.  This would cut down on the size of the XML.

anoja sahoo September 28, 2017

Thanks a lot Peter !

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events