Can I configure larger macro placeholder (page include or multiexcerpt) to see long page titles?

Natalia Glowinska
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 8, 2021

Hi 
I work with a lot of "page include" macros in the documents and when I try to edit the final result I have a problem with matching text with the correct macro placeholder. It's not a big drama but if it's done multiple times it's time-consuming. There is a lot of space next to the placeholder to display the rest of the name so I know what I'm looking at. In my case, it's frequently the end of the name that makes a difference. 

It's similar when i have to add the page name to the macro - the field is small and I can't see the entire name of my page (in my case the last 2 letters of it can make a difference). 

Sorry - no screenshots allowed... 

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 8, 2021

Hi @Natalia Glowinska 

I know that feeling... But saddly, this is not possible out of the box.

There is possibly one dirty way, but this is totally a hack:

I think you are on confluence server, therefore you or your administrator could change the HTML / CSS. You have to inspect the placeholder for the correct HTML / CSS ids and classes and have to change the width. 

I would not recommend this way :) 

Regards, Dominic

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events