Can I add or reset the admin user password utilizing the command line?

Jörg Köplin October 26, 2020

Dear all,

I managed to install confluence server (+ Postgres DB) but logging in using the admin credentials worked just once.

For reasons I do not know, the admin credentials are not accepted any longer without having  changed anything to the installation. I can't log in to conflunce - accordingly I cannot set up any other regular (non-admin) user as well. 

So I wonder whether there is a chance to add/reset or re-create the admin (or any other)  user just by utilizing the comand line (DOS-Box/Powershell)?

Or is there a chance, to directly add or change the user related content of the database tables? 

If so, can you please provide a Syntax-Sample?

Any hint is highly appreciated.

Looking forward to your answers.

Thank You. K.rgds. Jörg.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 26, 2020

See https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/restore-passwords-to-recover-admin-user-rights-158390.html

You could poke a new password into the database with SQL from a command line too, but you'll need to stop Confluence before doing it anyway, so you might as well just go with the admin recovery in the doc.

Jörg Köplin November 2, 2020

Thank you Nic for quick response.

Meanwhile I managed to reset my password following the article you suggested.

K.rgds. Jörg.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events