Can Confluence send scheduled email reminders for document reviews?

Kara Brake October 13, 2017

We are in the very beginning phases of implementing Jira Service Desk and Confluence.  We would like to have the ability to store infrastructure documents in Confluence that will require monthly, quarterly, bi-annually, etc. reviews.  Does Confluence have the ability to send email reminders based on a recurring schedule notifying groups of the impending review? If not, does anyone know of an add-on that would do this for us?  

Thanks so much!

6 answers

11 votes
Laura Craig March 3, 2022

Is anyone else tired of the answer to every functionality question being yet another purchase? 

3 votes
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 16, 2017

The Better Content Archiving app is developed for this exact scenario, to automatize periodic reviews on Confluence pages, encourage your editors to update content or auto-archive what's not needed any longer.

As the administrative part of the problem (tracking) is tedious, it will 100% automate that part and only leave the content update part for your users (which would require human intelligence any way).

Learn more about the Better Content Archiving Plugin or watch the intro video.

1 vote
Stiltsoft Support
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 30, 2022

I believe you'll like Handy Reminder from Handy Macros for Confluence. With Handy Reminder, you can define what time, date, and how often users will be notified.

1 vote
Mike Rink
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 13, 2017

Hi Kara, I'm a team member with Comalatech. Are you in Confluence Server? If so, we have an app in the marketplace that can do exactly what you're looking for, including expiry dates, approval recycling, and email notifications - Comala Workflows. Let me know if I can answer any questions about it! 

Priska Aprilia May 13, 2019

Hi Mike,

Our client has the similar requirements as Kara. And we are evaluating Comala Workflows for this purpose.

Could you please provide the link to the recycling approval?

I do not seem to find the documentation online.

Mike Rink
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 13, 2019

Hi @Priska Aprilia , without knowing a little bit more about what you're trying to do, it's hard for me to point you in the right direction. Feel free to email me at mike@comalatech.com with an explanation and I'd be happy to help :) 

1 vote
Roman Kirilenko
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 13, 2017

Hello Kara,

It's not an out-of-the-box feature at the moment, but there is an add-on that allows you to do that. Besides reminding, it has a bunch of features that you can find useful.

Galab Venkin _PM_ April 24, 2019

Hi Roman. 

Is there alternative which works with cloud version?

Thanks in advance :)

Roman Kirilenko
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 25, 2019

Hi Galab,

Sorry for the late response. At the moment, no. But you can vote for it and leave your suggestions here.

Like Galab Venkin _PM_ likes this
0 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 13, 2017

The Task Reminder add-on can do it. It's free.

Ken Wood
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 7, 2020

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events