It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Can Confluence send scheduled email reminders for document reviews?

We are in the very beginning phases of implementing Jira Service Desk and Confluence.  We would like to have the ability to store infrastructure documents in Confluence that will require monthly, quarterly, bi-annually, etc. reviews.  Does Confluence have the ability to send email reminders based on a recurring schedule notifying groups of the impending review? If not, does anyone know of an add-on that would do this for us?  

Thanks so much!

4 answers

3 votes

Archiving Plugin is developed for this exact scenario, to automatize periodic reviews on Confluence pages, encourage your editors to update content or auto-archive what's not needed any longer. As the administrative part of the problem (tracking) is tedious, it will do all that 100% automatically.

As the administrative part of the problem (tracking) is tedious, it will do all that 100% automatically and only leave the content update work for you (which would require human intelligence any way).

Learn more about the Archiving Plugin or watch the intro video.

Hello Kara,

It's not an out-of-the-box feature at the moment, but there is an add-on that allows you to do that. Besides reminding, it has a bunch of features that you can find useful.

Hi Roman. 

Is there alternative which works with cloud version?

Thanks in advance :)

Hi Galab,

Sorry for the late response. At the moment, no. But you can vote for it and leave your suggestions here.

Like Galab_Venkin__PM_ likes this

Hi Kara, I'm a team member with Comalatech. Are you in Confluence Server? If so, we have an app in the marketplace that can do exactly what you're looking for, including expiry dates, approval recycling, and email notifications - Comala Workflows. Let me know if I can answer any questions about it! 

Hi Mike,

Our client has the similar requirements as Kara. And we are evaluating Comala Workflows for this purpose.

Could you please provide the link to the recycling approval?

I do not seem to find the documentation online.

Hi @Priska_Aprilia , without knowing a little bit more about what you're trying to do, it's hard for me to point you in the right direction. Feel free to email me at mike@comalatech.com with an explanation and I'd be happy to help :) 

0 votes
Davin_Studer Community Leader Oct 13, 2017

The Task Reminder add-on can do it. It's free.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

How is your team having fun and bonding, remotely, utilizing Confluence?

Thanks everyone for answering last week’s question. The winner of the random drawing from those who commented is: @LarryBrock I’ll contact you separately with your prize details. This wee...

294 views 9 7
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you