CPU and memory are being fully consumed after 7.18.1 patch

Whipcord NOC June 7, 2022

Hello Atlassian Community,

I'm running into issues with the new 7.18.1 patch. After I upgrade, my CPU and RAM become fully consumed which causes confluence to crash. I checked the logs and I saw that there was a Java.lang.OutOfMemoryError. I thought that it could be possible that the new version needs additional resources so I gave my VM 6 CPU / 16 GB ram and it still grinds to a halt.

Is anyone else having this issue? I would like to get confluence working on 7.18.1 so that I can be protected against the most recent CVE threat.

Thanks!

2 answers

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 17, 2022

Just adding because there were similar encounters here in Community where the machine got compromised prior the upgrade it could make sense to double check if there are any malicious processes running - of course, if the setenv.sh looks okay, though.

0 votes
Maurice Lawles June 7, 2022

I'm not sure what your specific configuration was, but we had the same issue because the /bin/setenv.sh file was overwritten with the default during the upgrade and we lost our  Java heap size modifications in the CATALINA_OPTS variable. Default was 1024m, we use 4GB. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events