cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

COnfluence does not blank password field for LDAP authenticated account

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 22, 2014

HI

I am on Confluence 4.3 and i have got LDAP authentication however i would have expected that the passwords fields will be blanked out (or uneditable) when we try to create new users, however it is not. System allows me to enter password even when we have LDAP as our primary user directory which is weird.

Any ideas why? or is it just that i am on an ancient version of confluence and it was fixed in the later versions?

Rahul;

1 answer

0 votes
Marcus Silveira
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 23, 2014

Hi Rahul,

What type of User Directory are you using?

Do you have permission to write to your LDAP server from Confluence by any chance?

I'd think the password field is enabled because you'll create a user in the LDAP server from Confluence.

Cheers

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 23, 2014

HI Marcus

User directory is Internal with LDAP authentication.

and this directory only contacts LDAP for authentication.

Where could i be going wrong?

Thanks For your help Marcus.

Rahul

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events