CMS options that play nice with Confluence

John Alton April 17, 2013
Can anyone recommend a CMS system (WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, etc.*) and/or Plugin that would enable feeding data into Confluence pages? * Something simple, one or two steps up from Confluence WYSIWYG editor, but not a massive enterpise app. Thanks, John

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Stefan Eike
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 22, 2013

You can push data to Confluence via Confluence XML-RPC and SOAP APIs. You'll find some nifty Python scripts to do that for you. We use Git hooks to push data to Confluence.

John Alton April 22, 2013

@Stefan Eike - Thanks for providing the tips. I'll pass the idea on to more technical folk.

thanks,
John
0 votes
AntonioStults December 1, 2014

In terms of CMS that certainly have loads of options in terms of functionalities and plugins, I would suggest you to go for WordPress. If you use this platform, you will be able to move your data to confluence very easily. Just look for the sites that host these kinds of WordPress plugins and pick the desired one.

0 votes
John Alton April 22, 2013

@Stefan Kleineikenscheidt - Thanks for asking. Use case: I would like to manage content in a CMS and push to Confluence.

thanks,
John

0 votes
Stefan Kleineikenscheidt _K15t_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 18, 2013

What is the use case for this? You want to manage content in a CMS and publish in Confluence? Or the other way round?

John Spinosa May 15, 2019

Our volunteer institution would like to do the opposite.  They use Craft as their CMS (which is controlled by a marketing group) while the technical content (written by volunteers) uses Confluence. Is there a way to display the Confluence content in the CMS? The Craft-tanians are suggesting that everything in Confluence get converted to PDF which makes me want to barf. Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events