Bulk edit Confluence space permissions

Trevor Marshall September 6, 2012

Hello!

I have a Confluence wiki that I want to change from private -> public. I can permit anonymous use in my Global Permissions, but all my spaces (hundreds) need to be updated for anonymous access as well. How can I do this quickly? I don't see a bulk change option.

SQL is OK too.

Cheers,

Trev

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
SarahA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 6, 2012

Hallo Trev

There is no way to change a number of space permissions at once, via the Confluence user interface. Instead, take a look at the Confluence Command Line Interface. Here's a link to the CLI documentation. For an introduction to the CLI, see this blog post: Confluence CLI for bulk actions like deleting or publishing pages.

I hope this helps!

Cheers, Sarah

Trevor Marshall September 6, 2012

Checking that out now, thanks Sarah!

And gongrats on the 4.3 release.. staging our upgrade now.

Cheers,

Trev

SarahA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 6, 2012

Thanks Trev! I hope you enjoy the 4.3 release. Space archiving in particular is pretty cool!

Cheers, Sarah

0 votes
Natalia Lezhai May 16, 2019

hi @Magora Software 

the plugin is not there anymore

0 votes
Magora Software September 29, 2015

Hey Trev, 

we built a plugin which provides bulk updates of space permissions and provides a user / group level overview.

Initially built as an internal tool, we decided to release it in the marketplace:  https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/Permission_Assistant

We appreciate any feedback for our plugin and hope it saves you as much time as it does for us smile

Cheers,

Robert

Andy Murtagh February 4, 2016

Hey Robert,

I was using your Permission Assistant plugin to manage internal groups but we've changed the way we want to set our permissions and I notice that your plugin doesn't seem to report anything at all if you try to use it for AD groups pulled in by LDAP. Is that something that should be like that or something that's not working as intended?

Many thanks,

Andy.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events