Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Browser compatibility

Marc Dionne December 8, 2014

Hi,

In my company, we (still) use Confluence 5.2.5… I am trying to convince the upper management to upgrade, to no avail.

One detail could help me, though. We are experiencing compatibility problems with Chrome and IE 11. For instance:
- Links to pdfs in the network don’t work in Chrome, Firefox or in IE 11. We have to use IE 10.
- It is impossible to type a final period in a comment. We have to type a letter, go back before the letter, type a period and erase the letter.
- It is impossible to modify an attached Office document, except in IE 10.
- etc.

Even though I wrote a procedure to revert to IE 10 (and keep it), it is useless to say that lots of folks here are frustrated with their experience.

I would like to know if an upgrade to 5.6.x would eliminate these issues or if I have to check some Java options (or else) I never eared about.

Your comments will help me confirm or infirm my theory and maybe help me with the convincing process.

Thanks a lot!

2 answers

0 votes
William Zanchet [Atlassian]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 30, 2014

Hey Marc,

I was reviewing this page that shows the browsers that are supported in Confluence 5.2.X and I can see that IE 11 isn't supported as you can see here.

The good news is that Confluence 5.6 supports IE 11 as you can see here.

Cheers.
WZ

0 votes
Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 8, 2014

The period issue was fixed but you will need check jira.atlassian.com to get the version level.  Some people have noted that it took some later versions to get this issue actually resolved. 

The only real answer is for you to install a trial version if your license is out of date or use your developer license to install a test version to make sure your particular issues are resolved.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events