Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blogs Macro not displaying migrated content

IT KnowledgeSystemsManagement November 23, 2011

We recently migrated two wiki spaces from one confluence server to our main corporate server. To do this we followed the Backup|http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Exporting+Confluence+Pages+and+Spaces+to+XML and Restore|http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Restoring+a+Space instructions.

Once the space was restored to the new server we lost functionality of the {{blog-posts}} macro to display the existing blog posts of users in the space. New postings will display with the macro, but existing postings won't.

2 answers

2 votes
Philipp Klauser November 23, 2011

I guess you should perform a reindex of your confluence instance: Afterwards you will see the old and new blog posts.

Confluence Administration -> Content Indexing -> Search Index: Rebuild

Cheers, Philipp

IT KnowledgeSystemsManagement November 24, 2011

We have rebuild the search index and even rebuilt it from scratch by shutting down confluence, removing the index directory, restarting confluence.

It did not work.

Philipp Klauser November 24, 2011

And if you edit/save an existing old blog post? Will this blog post be displayed in the {blog-posts} macro afterwards?

IT KnowledgeSystemsManagement November 27, 2011

No, unfortunatly it does not display the content. I have tested this in my personal space and the macro does display all content to my blog.

0 votes
Gregory Sudderth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 24, 2011

I saw this once a slightly different way: When the imported material had something in either the doc or space name that was a no-no character NOW but wasn't one THEN...it would be invisible in some cases, including document tree, blog, etc.

Look at the Space name, ours had a hyphen in it.

G.

IT KnowledgeSystemsManagement November 30, 2011

No hyphen in the name. The space key is one word so is the page name.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events