Blog functionality

Matt Cerimele January 6, 2023

Is there a way to force subscribe people to our blog so they receive all posts?

If not, is there a way to customize a blog to do that? 

1 answer

0 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 6, 2023

Hi @Matt Cerimele and welcome to the community,

I don't think that such functionality exists. Why you want to spam your people? If they are interested in they will watch the blog. If not then they will not.

Matt Cerimele January 6, 2023

This is our main way of communicating and bringing awareness to prod support issues. Consumers are not being notified otherwise and its impeding consumer adoption efforts. 

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 6, 2023

If you main way of communicating is sending out email, then send an email with the blog link. Confluence was designed as an open collab space, which people can decide on what topic/space they should get notifications.

Matt Cerimele January 9, 2023

Apologies for my lack of technical details, Do you mean a separate e-mail with the link to the blog or is there functionality within the blog that you can click a button (for example) and an e-mail is generated?

Community Leader
Community Leader
January 9, 2023

The first one :) The second one would defied my previous sentence.

I mean I get what you want to accomplish, but unfortunately Confluence wasn't designed like most products out there. It's an "open" collab space where people decide what to follow :/

Are there any job aids, tutorials, videos, etc for users on how to follow blogs?

and

Are there any job aids, tutorials, videos, for owners on how to post to the blog? 

Community Leader
Community Leader
January 9, 2023

@Matt Cerimele come to think to mind you have the ability to share a blog post directly from confluence. Please read this article here:

https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/share-a-page-or-blog-post/

On how to watch blog/pages/etc here https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/watch-pages-spaces-and-blogs/

On how to create blog read this https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/create-and-edit-content/

Just want to clarify if we have a list of all impacted uses, can we self subscribe them to the blog? 

Community Leader
Community Leader
January 9, 2023

@Matt Cerimele no you can't. They have to do the action of subscribing to the blog. What you can do form your end is to share with them the blog via the functionality I mentioned above.

Matt Cerimele January 10, 2023

So if I am understanding correctly by reading the instructions under share by e-mail, you can add the appropriate distribution group or individuals. In this case I would add a public distribution group in the VGI address book. Would that work? 

Alternatively, you can send an email and include a link to the Confluence page but the first option above sounds better. Thoughts?

Community Leader
Community Leader
January 10, 2023

@Matt Cerimele sharing the blog via this functionality would be handy only for users having access to confluence. I don't think that it will work with any group outside of Confluence group.

If you want to send an email with the blog post  you might want to make it.public and share the public link instead of the internal one.

Matt Cerimele January 17, 2023

Trying to find the functionality to make it public. Can you please advise? 

If you use the public link, would you still need to use the distribution group of subscribers within Confluence to send the post to users? 

Matt Cerimele January 19, 2023

Hi - checking in to see if there are any updates on my query above. Thanks! 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events