Blog Post Macro - Time Frame is maximum one month

IFSIT September 17, 2019

Hello,

we recently started using the Blog Posts Macro for our news site. It all works great, except we'd like it to show all news from the past 6 months, but it will only show a maximum of one month, even when setting the time frame setting higher (180d, 26w). 

I have not found a mention of this hidden limitation in the documentation, so i am not sure if this is a bug or a feature. Can someone help?

We have Confluence v6.15.4 if that matters.

Thank you!
Best Regards
Patrick

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 19, 2019

Hello Patrick,

Thank you for bringing this to us. That doesn't sound like your Blog Posts Macro is working properly. I was able to change mine to show the last 800 days worth of posts and can confirm that it shows them.

Can you run a reindex of Confluence and let me know if you still aren't able to see your older blog posts? 

Regards,

Shannon

IFSIT October 9, 2019

Hello Shannon,

sorry for the late reply, I got sick.

Anyway, i did the rebuild now, but it did not appear to change anything. Any other suggestions?

Thank you!
Best Regards
Patrick

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 11, 2019

Patrick,

No worries on the delay, hope you are doing well now.

If you ran the reindex from the UI, you can also try reindexing from scratch.

Another thing to think about, but do you have permission to view pages in the spaces where the older entries aren't showing? Can you visit an entry directly that you aren't seeing in the macro? Are all other users able to replicate the same issue?

These suggestions are based on the article No posts showing in Blog Post Macro.

Lastly, are there any special characters in the titles of these posts?

Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Shannon

IFSIT October 16, 2019

Hello Shannon,

all the Blog Posts are in the same Space that contains the Macro, and all our Users have at least the view permission on it.

I can also Visit any older entry directly, and while there are some Articles that contain special Characters (öäüß), most do not. Also these articles we're shown by the blog macro for about a month after being created, and don't react different to ones without special characters.

I also tried the rebuild from scratch now, but it is still not showing more than about a month in the past. Im really wondering now, what's causing it. Do you have any other ideas?

Thank you!
Best Regards
Patrick

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
October 17, 2019

Patrick,

Could you show me what your parameters are set to in the blog posts macro? Has anything changed on your instance in the last month?

Regards,

Shannon

IFSIT October 17, 2019

Hello Shannon,

nothing major beyond normal Confluence usage (Page edits, Blog Posts, etc.) changed in the last month, the macro had this behaviour since we started using it. Im attaching Screenshots of the configuration. The maximum number of blog posts is also nowhere near of being reached (we have a news post every few days).

Thank you!
Best Regards
Patrick

2019-10-17 11_17_06-Confluence_BlogMacro2.png2019-10-17 11_17_18-Confluence_BlogMacro3.png2019-10-17 11_16_53-Confluence_BlogMacro1.png

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
October 29, 2019

Hello,

I'm so sorry for the delay; I'm trying to replicate this on my end, but I've not been able to. Can you tell me if it's still only showing the latest posts from the last 30 days? If so, I'd like to raise a ticket for you with support.  I just want to confirm, in case you had an upgrade lately and the issue is no longer.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events