Best way to enable survey participants to upload attachments

Peter Whitfield March 11, 2013

Hi Folks,

I'm trying to set up confluence to manage an application process. To achieve this, I've set up a survey in which participants will need to answer questions on how they meet the application criteria. However, I will also need them to upload evidence (in the form of an attachment) to compliment the answers that they have submitted.

So, my question is: what's the best way to do this? Is it possible to embed the 'attachment' macro into the survey somehow (perhaps by writing this in wiki markup in the 'Question Group' Header/Footer) or by some other means?

I'm probably pushing my luck here, but I'd also like to be notified by email once an application has been submitted. Again, is there some way of incorporating the notification functionality provided by the 'Form Mail NG' macro into the Survey macro, and if so - how would I do this?

Any help very gratefuly received!

Many thanks in advance,

Pete

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
pschaff01
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 11, 2013

Hi Peter!

You can always try to set up an Issue Collector! With this you will be able to gather any feedback from your participants, will automatically be notified via email and attachments will be allowed by default!

To use this, you can follow the instructions on these documentations:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Using+the+Issue+Collector

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Advanced+Use+of+the+JIRA+Issue+Collector

Just notice that you can completely customize your Issue Collector (so you don't have to use the presets and limit your survey), and so you can use ANY fields that you want, on any format!

We hope this helps!

Cheers :D

Peter Whitfield March 14, 2013

Thanks for the suggestion Pietro - much appreciated. I'll take a look at the Issue Collector.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events