Best practices for organizing pages that would be the same name

Kevin Bolam February 19, 2015

Example:

2 different software application pages which both would have have child pages with the same name (ie. Vendor, environment, interfaces, etc.)

I currently put the Parent page name before the child (ex. "CRM Environment", GP Environment, etc.)

I would prefer to not have a space for each application as I have 60 applications that would need permissions managed seperatly in that case.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
philleicht
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 19, 2015

Hello Kevin,

unfortunately there is no out-of-the-box solution I know of. However, as also covered in this question, there is a plugin called Scroll Versions, which extends Confluence by many very useful features for documentation. One of those features is also to have duplicate page names, as it uses different information as referers and therefor doesn't rely on using the page name.

I hope this helps!

Regards,
Philipp 

0 votes
Kevin Bolam February 23, 2015

I will accept the answer that it is not supported. I appreciate the feedback and the other software option. Although it is cost prohibitive for the issue we are having which can be easily worked around.

Thank again

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events