Back up error

soldesk September 25, 2017

Hi to all,

I am trying to back up the confluence server through "Backup & Restore" but it seems that I got this error (below). I'm trying to back up the existing confluence to import it to a new server.  We are running the server on Ubuntu OS and transferring to Windows. hope to have some leads since I don't have any idea what will I do next. thank you and more power.

image.png

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 25, 2017

Please read the first line of the error - it tells you what the problem is.

soldesk September 25, 2017

thank you @Nic Brough -Adaptavist-, upon checking, I have more than enough space in my device to back up the whole confluence. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 26, 2017

I'm afraid that's wrong.  Confluence is clearly telling you that your operating system can't write to the disk because it's out of space.

I suspect that you might not know quite what "space" is though.  It can be the physical number of bits you can write to a device, but many filing systems are more advanced than simple dumps of bits.  If you're on an ext type file system (quite likely as you said 'Ubuntu'), then you need to look at inodes as well as volume of bits (try df -khi ).  Other file systems may be similar.  And your users may be limited by quotas.  You should also check that you have enough space on the partition for the OS in case it's creating loads of temporary files etc.

Might be worth a look through /var/log for logs generated at the time the export failed as well.

soldesk September 27, 2017

Deleted some files, first line of error changed:

screencapture-192-168-10-3-8090-admin-dobackup-action-1506500439724.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events