Auto link JIRA key in Confluence

Hello,

I'm not sure if we had this before or if it's available.  When I type in a key/case such as AI-1001 in a Confluence page we'd like it auto-detected and linked to the JIRA case in the AI project.

Is this possible?

Thank you.

P.S. Using the latest versions of all "server" not cloud.

3 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

If you copy the entire issue link, Confluence will auto detect as long as the JIRA instance is linked to the Confluence instance. If not, you can use the "JIRA issues" macro to insert the link.

Thank you, aware of that, just wanted to know if typing AI-1000 would auto-detect as a link to JIRA case.

No, it won't. Maybe you can write a user macro to do that but never tried it!

Even a user macro will need the contents to be written inside the macro though. Maynot be what you need!

Hi Neal,

When JIRA and Confluence are linked to each other using Application Link.

In Confluence page, You can insert JIRA Key as follows

• Open a page on which you want insert JIRA key in Edit Mode.
  • Click on Insert and check on JIRA Issue/Filter Macro, type AI-1001 and press enter and click Insert.
  • This Inserts the JIRA key on the page.
  • If you want to link a confluence page on a JIRA Issue, click on link under "More" and select Confluence Page tab for a corresponding wiki page to be linked on that issue.

Hope this helps

Regards

Chander Inguva

Thank you, aware of that, just wanted to know if typing AI-1000 would auto-detect as a link to JIRA case.

If AI-1000 is in your default project the link is dynamically created in the confluence wiki pages when typing in the case number...occasionally.  I've had it not dynamically link 100% of the time and have yet to figure out the how's/why's of when it creates and when it does not. I have recently learned that if the JIRA project is not the default project then you must do the extra clicks and link via macro.... which doesn't give you the option to turn off the preview and display a discrete inline link and is extra clicks.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Monday in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

399 views 4 6
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you