Atlassian Pub/Sub

Barbara am Ende June 6, 2017

Can one company use Atlassian to publish Configuration Managed documents and have a different company subscribe to that page to suck up and show the documents on their page (different Atlassian installation)?  Can it be done relatively easily?

1 answer

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 6, 2017

There are publishing plugins that enable you to publish to a second instance of Confluence. It isn't exactly as you are describing - a pull (suck up) from the destination instance, it's more of a push from the original instance to the other company's instance. It is relatively easy but the plugins have to be paid for. Examples are:
Scroll Remote Publishing Endpoint

Comala Workflows - Remote Publishing

Barbara am Ende June 7, 2017

Thanks so much for your response.  I imagine the cost varies with a variety of factors, but what order of magnitude are you talking about.  $100?  $1000?  $10,000?  Per year?  I'm working on a small team just thinking about how to work a problem.  So I'm just trying to come up with ballpark idea of "is this a viable option?" and not anything specific yet.

TIA,

Barbara

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 7, 2017

That makes sense.

The pricing is based on how many users you have. Here are the links to pricing:

Comala Workflows (needed for Comala Remore Publishing)

Scroll Remote Publishing Endpoint

Barbara am Ende June 7, 2017

Thank you so very much,

Barbara

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events