Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

As a Confluence application administrator, how do I edit the profile information and pictures of my users?

Nik Blanchet October 2, 2014

I need to edit the profile information and pictures of my users.

Among other situations that require this, I do not want to require that executives at my company stop doing their jobs to curate and upload pictures of themselves and fill out other information that we already have for them. This is the type of menial task their executive assistants would typically do. The EAs do not have — for obvious reasons — the login information for their execs, so they came to me. I can't figure out how to do this or if it is even possible.

I saw this question, but it was from 2011, so I'm hoping that this ability has been added in the subsequent 3 years 2 months 12 days.

We manage our users through LDAP.

If it is not possible, where is (are) the feature request(s)? I will watch and vote the heck of on it (them)!

3 answers

1 vote
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 2, 2014

I've written an open source utility to upload pictures into Confluence for users. You simply point the utility a a folder and put the user pictures in the folder with file masks of ##username##.(jpg/png).

https://bitbucket.org/fredclown/confluence-profile-photo-uploader

0 votes
Ellen Feaheny [AppFusions]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 2, 2014

The Enterprise Directory and Org Chart supports profile images from AD (or LDAP). Also a bit more than what you are asking - but fyi if interesting.

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 2, 2014

What I did in the past for smaller companies was buy SU for Confluence and write an autohotkey script that SU'd, navigated, and uploaded images and typed profile information into accounts, from my own account.

If you need a larger solution, I would follow @Jamie Echlin [Adaptavist]'s suggestion from this answer: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/47797 This would be far better and usable, if you have the power to develop this solution. Feasibly you could pull pictures off of LDAP accounts and serve them, then redirect the images on confluence to your images.

Alternatively, 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events