Archived spaces missing in Archived Spaces list

Marianne Lee (Nagarro) March 19, 2019

I have several spaces with status "Archived", some of them are listed in Archived Spaces list but many of them are missing from this list.

These archived spaces can be accessed via URL: <Confluence base URL> + <archive spacekey>, but they do not show up in Confluence search results of type spaces (with search archived spaces).

Does anyone know why and how this can be fixed?  I'd need these archived spaces to be listed in the Space Directory - Archived Spaces.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 20, 2019

Hello there!

As I understand, some spaces that have been archived do not show on searches or the archived list, is that correct?

I believe that this can be solved by reindexing your instance:

1. Schedule a downtime for your Confluence
  2. Click Cog icon > General Configuration
  3. Search for Content Indexing in the left hand side list
  4. Click Rebuild
  5. Wait for the process to finish

Notes:

• This can take quite some time depending on your instance size
  • Having users accessing the instance during the reindex can hinder the process
  • If you are not a System admin, you will need to reach out to one

If the procedure above does not work, we can try a reindex from scratch:

1. Shut down Confluence
  2. Perform a safety backup of the following two directories to a different location:
    1. <confluence-home>/index/
    2. <confluence-home>/journal/
  3. Delete the two original directories:
    1. <confluence-home>/index/
    2. <confluence-home>/journal/
  4. Start Confluence
  5. Navigate to Confluence Admin > Content Indexing and click "Rebuild"

Notes:

• This will potentially take much more time to finish than the first procedure
  • You will also need a downtime for this
  • This needs to be performed by a system administrator

Marianne, you can check more information about this on these links:

How to Rebuild the Content Indexes From Scratch on Confluence Server

Content Index Administration

Archive a Space

Let us know your thoughts! Looking forward to your reply.

Marianne Lee (Nagarro) March 21, 2019

I'll try this out, but it won't be anytime soon.

Thanks for your suggestion, @Diego!

Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 21, 2019

Thanks for replying Marianne!

If you have the time, let us know if this works for your instance.

Like Marianne Lee (Nagarro) likes this
Marianne Lee (Nagarro) April 11, 2019

Hi @Diego,

Just like to inform you that reindexing of our Confluence instance helps, all the archived spaces are found in the list now. Thank you for your valuable advice.

Diego
Atlassian Team
April 11, 2019

Wonderful to hear that! If you ever have something to solve or want to share some knowledge, come to the Community.

vistalicahalim July 22, 2020

Will this work with the new version?

Will the method be different if its used for confluence cloud instead of confluence server? @Diego 

1 vote
Werner
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 17, 2020

There was a bug in Confluence 7.0-7.2: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-58979

Fixed in 7.3.1

1 vote
Werner
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 2, 2020

This issue occured to us, since we upgraded to Confluence 7.2.2 (Server) last week.

Though the archived spaces can be found under the "Categories"-tab in the space directoy, they are not listed under der "Archived Spaces".

I did the steps above: reindex, then reindex from scratch.

Also rebuliding the ancestors table didn't work out (see Rebuilding the Ancestor Table).

Any ideas?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events