Anyone licensing confluence content to customers?

James Taylor July 26, 2017

We have a confluence repository full of our best practices. We have a client who has asked about licensing it. Anyone got any tips or suggested plugins for helping us manage licensed content? If we just give the client a confluence repository there's no way to stop them making copies and giving it to someone else but every search for licensing and conflunce just returns information about confluence licensing not about licensing the content stored there.

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Boris Berenberg - Atlas Authority
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 26, 2017

I would just include some identifying metadata in it, and have a ToS and NDA attached with each sale. If you spot that metadata in the wild, you can hold them to it. If someone wants to strip the metadata and share it anyways, then there is likely no way to stop them. They could just screenshot anything you gave them. 

Thanks but that won't work as 99% of these would be behind a firewall and would not show in public. I was hoping someone had developed a licensing plugin or similar

Boris Berenberg - Atlas Authority
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 26, 2017

I am not sure I understand. Is your worry that 1 team will have bought the best practices, but others haven't? And that it will get shared internally? 

My concern is that we license it to a company who then install it on premise. At that point there is no way to stop them exporting it and giving it to another company to install on a different on-premise confluence repository.

I'm looking for something that will let me manage this and, ideally, help me update them or see when they need to be updated. E.g. a plugin that communicates with a license server and that prevents access if it can't communicate periodically or simialr.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events