Anyone finding the new page restrictions (5.9.1) a bit confusing?

I'm testing Confluence 5.9.1. Once I tried the new page restrictions, I was confused. Instead of adding the user/group and then setting the restriction, I had to select the restriction type first. This is a bit counter-intuitive. Seems like it would be easier to add a user/group then select from a dropdown: "View" or "View and Edit".

1 answer

0 vote

Hi Robbie, Sorry to hear you're finding the new restrictions dialog.  We introduced the restriction type picker to make it easier to restrict editing a page, and also to remove restrictions (without needing to click remove beside each person or group). 

Because Confluence pages are visible by default, we wanted to make sure you had an easy option to restrict editing a page, without needing to add all the users and groups that you want to be able to still view the page. 

If you regularly restrict viewing or viewing and editing, all you need to do is select the third option "Viewing and editing restricted" and then you can add multiple people and groups, choose whether you'd like them to view only or view and edit.   

Hope this info helps. 

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Friday in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

265 views 11 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you