Anyone finding the new page restrictions (5.9.1) a bit confusing?

Robbie Lee
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 7, 2015

I'm testing Confluence 5.9.1. Once I tried the new page restrictions, I was confused. Instead of adding the user/group and then setting the restriction, I had to select the restriction type first. This is a bit counter-intuitive. Seems like it would be easier to add a user/group then select from a dropdown: "View" or "View and Edit".

1 answer

0 votes
Rachel Robins
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 7, 2015

Hi Robbie, Sorry to hear you're finding the new restrictions dialog.  We introduced the restriction type picker to make it easier to restrict editing a page, and also to remove restrictions (without needing to click remove beside each person or group). 

Because Confluence pages are visible by default, we wanted to make sure you had an easy option to restrict editing a page, without needing to add all the users and groups that you want to be able to still view the page. 

If you regularly restrict viewing or viewing and editing, all you need to do is select the third option "Viewing and editing restricted" and then you can add multiple people and groups, choose whether you'd like them to view only or view and edit.   

Hope this info helps. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events