Analytics on Confluence (server) usage

Joris April 20, 2023

Hi,

In preparation of Confluence migration from server to cloud, I want to do a cleanup off old/ unused spaces/pages (well, I want the users to do a clean up, I want to support them with it).
For that I'm looking for some analytics tool/app to give an insight in the amount of spaces/pages, last time updated, how often viewed etc. etc.. We just installed the following app Smart Analytics | Atlassian Marketplace to do so (at least, to find out whether this gives the wanted insights), but I can't figure out how it works and online I also can't find how to's.

Any of you having experience with this app? Or any other app that might give us the needed insights?

4 answers

2 votes
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 20, 2023

The analytics features in our Better Content Archiving app can compile you a report like this, which contains most of the metrics you mentioned:

content-quality-statistics.png

See the app documentation to learn more.

(Discl. it is an app developed by our team.)

1 vote
Joris April 20, 2023

Hi @Alex Koxaras _Relational_ , @Rodrigo @Aron Gombas _Midori_ ,

Thank you for your replies.
In the mean time I did find out how the SA apps works and the functionality is very limited and by far not what we are looking for. I will have a better look at your comments/suggestions, hopefully that will give what we are looking for.

Br,
Joris

1 vote
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 20, 2023
Rodrigo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 20, 2023

Hello @Joris,

To add to @Alex Koxaras _Relational_ comment, Viewtracker is an app from our team that can help you determine which content has not received any Views or Edits among many other functions (and it can also create convenience exports).

Allow me to share a direct link to the Documentation as well as its use cases.

With friendly regards
Rodrigo

0 votes
Adrian Hülsmann - B1NARY
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 18, 2023

Hi @Joris

Once you migrate to Cloud, you may want to ensure that your content stays clean and organized and prevent Confluence from being cluttered because of many outdated pages.

For this reason, you might look at Breeze, available via the Atlassian Marketplace.

It automatically identifies outdated pages and implements review and archiving workflows for keeping your pages up-to-date.

3.gif

It is a feature-packed content lifecycle management solution and includes

• automated content analyses,
  • page review and archiving workflows,
  • page and space ownership,
  • reports and notifications,
  • bulk archiving and deletion,
  • analytics,
  • data export for all your content, ownership, and status information
  • and more to update outdated pages quickly and enhance collaboration.

👉 Give it a try, or feel free to schedule an appointment with me for a personal demo.

Cheers and all the best, Adrian from B1NARY (we are the developers of Breeze)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events