Am I able to embed an Excel file AND make it editable from Confluence?

Casey Bowlby January 29, 2020

I am trying to create a page with a spreadsheet can be edited by my entire team. I'm not having any luck finding an answer to this. Is it possible to have a living, breathing, editable Excel spreadsheet on a Confluence page?

2 answers

0 votes
Shardul Juyal {Addteq}
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 3, 2020

Hi @Casey Bowlby 

You can also try Excellentable for Confluence which will allow collaborative editing of the spreadsheet as well, which a collaborative team might need.

0 votes
Laura Campbell _Seibert Media_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 30, 2020

Hi @Casey Bowlby ,

If you want a spreadsheet on your Confluence page that is living and breathing (nice image!) you will need to use a Confluence macro/app. You can embed Excel files on Confluence, but to edit them, you will need to use Atlassian companion (or another solution) which helps you open the file in Excel, make edits, and then updates the file on Confluence. The obviously does not meet your need to be editable from Confluence.

There are a number of spreadsheet apps on the Atlassian Marketplace you might want to try. My team makes Elements Spreadsheet, which includes concurrent editing protections to make sure no one overwrites the changes a colleague makes.

Hope you find an app that meets your needs.

Laura

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events