Alternative to TaskDock?

Philipp Philipp September 8, 2011

As some of you might now, Cisco has taken over TaskDock which results in the end of TaskDock for Confluence. Which alternatives exist and which ones would you recommend?

Thank you in advance

PR, Germany

6 answers

0 votes
Roberto Dominguez October 24, 2011

You mean Confluence 3.4.8, right? Yeah, the new features are not supported there :-(

The Confluence 4.0 is a big change so in order for us to support 4.0 and pre 4.0 we had to focuse on a single version, which is 3.5

Upgrading to 3.5 is not as complex (and actually required to upgrade later to 4.0) so when you upgrade you can give it a try :)

Roberto

0 votes
Roberto Dominguez October 21, 2011

Bernhard,

Oops! Forgot to mention that Ad hoc Workflows 3.2 works with Confluence 3.5 too :-)

Roberto

Elias Tscharf October 23, 2011

Hello Roberto,

thanks for the info, but it doesn't help because we are using JIRA 3.4.8 and i think the new features are available only with ad hoc workflowversion 3.2?

Greetings from Tirol/Austria

Bernhard

0 votes
Roberto Dominguez October 20, 2011

Hi Bernhard,

As Matt said, we have made major user experience and task management improvements in our new forthcoming version. Have a look at http://coma.la/awp32

And there is more coming, as we are fully committed to the Confluence community :-)

Give it a try and feel free to contact me if you more info.

Roberto

Elias Tscharf October 20, 2011

Hello Matt & Roberto,

thenks for the info!

I would like to test it but i've to wait with updating confluence until some plugins we need are compatible with the new version.

But then - of course - I will give it a try.

Greetings from Tirol/Austria

Bernhard

0 votes
Matt
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 19, 2011

Ad hoc Workflows released a major update to their plugin alomgside the Confluence 4.0 release. Watch the video on this page.

They also offer free 30-day evaluations so you can make the decision about ease-of-use for yourself.

0 votes
Elias Tscharf October 19, 2011

Hi there!

I'm also very sad about this fact. taskdock was very nice and exactly that what we are looking for.

I already know adhocworkflows, but I don't think that it is this easy to use?! Or am I wrong?

Any other alternatives?

Greetings from Tirol, Austria

Bernhard

0 votes
Akeles
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 12, 2011

There is another similar plugin that allows task management.

You can check out http://www.adhocworkflows.com/display/WWW/Usage

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events