Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All users cannot login to Confluence

Tech Support October 18, 2017

All users including administrators cannot login to Confluence.

The following error(s) occurred:

• Please re-enter your login details and type in the word below.

URL also redirects to /login.action?os_destination=%2Findex.action&permissionViolation=true

atlassian.confluence.log shows the following

WARN [http-nio-8090-exec-3] [confluence.impl.vcache.SynchronousExternalCache] lambda$get$7 Failed to read entry from cache 'com.atlassian.confluence.security.login.DefaultLoginManager': Failed due to UNCLASSIFIED_FAILURE
-- url: /login.action | traceId: 90de3db34d721c47 | userName: anonymous | action: login

Please help. Thanks much!

4 answers

1 vote
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 18, 2017

CONFSERVER-45656 indicates that this error message does not relate to people not being able to log in; however it does present in the same version. 

Gregory is on the right path: What are you using for directories? Jira internal? LDAP? We can't help without information.

Tech Support October 19, 2017

Thanks Steve. From JIRA there is connectivity to Confluence. The issue started after we shutdown the server for maintenance and restarted the server. 

atlassian-confluence.log shows the following error

[crowd.manager.application.ApplicationServiceGeneric] authenticateUser Directory 'Remote JIRA Directory' is not functional during authentication 

Please advise.

Noni Khutane July 26, 2018

We are experiecing the same issues as Steve.

Was this resolved?

0 votes
YY哥
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 20, 2022
0 votes
admin admin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 7, 2020

I'm getting this same error in my Confluence server when upgrading from 6.12.1 to 7.2.0, please advise.

Benjamin Yu May 12, 2020

I'm getting this same error in my Confluence server when upgrading from 5.0.3 to 7.2.0, please help ASAP.

Benjamin Yu May 12, 2020

I'm getting this same error in my Confluence server when upgrading from 5.0.3 to 7.4, please help ASAP.

0 votes
Gregory Van Den Ham
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 18, 2017

Have you restarted confluence?  Wonder if there's a backend connection issue to the database.  Assume your users are on the internal directory and not crowd/jira or 3rd party saml?

Tech Support October 19, 2017

Thanks Gregory for your kind reply. The issue happened after we have to shutdown the server running confluence for maintenance. Users are in JIRA. Please advise.

RRM Admin March 5, 2019

I have the same issue after a fresh install with local user database.

we get the login screen enter the credentials and get redirected to the 

login.action?os_destination=%2Findex.action&permissionViolation=true

when I try incorrect credentials I get a warning saying username/passwords are wrong. concluding that credentials are correct and validated against the user database.

what's wrong?

neelmani shankar March 31, 2019

I am also getting the same issue after correct login credential redirecting to 

login.action?os_destination=%2Findex.action&permissionViolation=true

Have you solved the issue??

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events