Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Administrative access in Confluence

Esther Strom, ACP-JA August 15, 2013

Our Jira admin recently left and it's been passed on to me. Supposedly I've been given full access to all administrative functions, but I'm finding things I can't do, even as simple as editing certain pages.

I do not see an Administration link in the top blue bar of Confluence when I'm logged in, although if I go to my profile and click Administer User, I do get "temporary" administrative access to most functions.

Administer User

Even with this access, I still can't access certain documents. What do I need to do to get complete access to all functions, including being able to edit all pages?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Esther Strom, ACP-JA August 15, 2013

I'm in that group. I did find he issue, though - the specific documents were restricted to another group that I wasn't in. I added myself to that group and everything works. Thanks.

Daniel Borcherding
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 15, 2013

Converting this out to an answer and upvoting it so people can see the resolution.

Suggest accepting this as the answer to your question to further increase visibility.

0 votes
Błażej O_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 15, 2013

In the left-hand panel click "Global Permissions"

Look up what groups have "System administrator" rights (the rightmost one). You have to be in this group to have full-rights. If you are not a member of this group be sure to check who is in it, and contact this person to pass the rights on you.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events