Administrative access in Confluence

Our Jira admin recently left and it's been passed on to me. Supposedly I've been given full access to all administrative functions, but I'm finding things I can't do, even as simple as editing certain pages.

I do not see an Administration link in the top blue bar of Confluence when I'm logged in, although if I go to my profile and click Administer User, I do get "temporary" administrative access to most functions.

Administer User

Even with this access, I still can't access certain documents. What do I need to do to get complete access to all functions, including being able to edit all pages?

3 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

I'm in that group. I did find he issue, though - the specific documents were restricted to another group that I wasn't in. I added myself to that group and everything works. Thanks.

Converting this out to an answer and upvoting it so people can see the resolution.

Suggest accepting this as the answer to your question to further increase visibility.

This widget could not be displayed.

In the left-hand panel click "Global Permissions"

Look up what groups have "System administrator" rights (the rightmost one). You have to be in this group to have full-rights. If you are not a member of this group be sure to check who is in it, and contact this person to pass the rights on you.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 17, 2018 in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

571 views 7 6
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you