Administer spaces and user groups

Arantxa Lacasa Madero May 24, 2012

Hello!!

I would like to know if there is any way to copy a group of users from an space to other. I know that I could user users groups from administration, but these groups can not be administered by space administrators, and we need that.

I mean, we need that each space administrator create their users groups in their spaces, and that groups could be used in other spaces or subspaces (subspace plugin does not inherit permissions).

Is this possible? We have too many spaces, too many users and too many groups of users, and this became unmanageable for confluence administrators. We need this to be space administrators responsability.

Thanks in advance!!

1 answer

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 25, 2012

Even though, this does not directly answer you need, what we had done was the Group/User management is external to Confluence and we had a centralzied web based application which allows anyone to can create groups (The same directory server is also used for Exchange/Outlook).

Once the group is created, it will automatically come in Confluence (after of course the sync interval) and the Spac admnistrators and do the required permission changes using these new groups in their spaces.

Arantxa Lacasa Madero October 9, 2012

Thank you Renjith,

So I guess that is the only way to do that, isn't it? Confluence does not have any options for this?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events