Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding label to "Create from template" macro

Ronny Hanssen September 29, 2013

Hi,

We are using the Meeting Notes feature to create meeting notes, and to get a directory of the meeting notes afterwards. We want to have more than one meeting index per space though. Which is itself already totally possible by adding labels to the meeting page and adding the label as a filter for the index page.

But, this is something that users often forget to do. To help this I wanted to add a button to create meeting notes to each of the meeting notes indexes, where the page alraeady has that extra label,

But, the "Create from template" macro doesn't have an option to add labels to the created page.

Does anybody have an idea on how I could make this work?

15 answers

15 votes
Kevin Lindsay February 8, 2019

I agree this is incredibly annoying. I have to tell engineers to manually add a Label other than meeting-notes and they always forget. Atlassian needs to address this asap!!

8 votes
Deleted user March 3, 2017

Still waiting on this it seems. Not having this feature is the difference between having 100 plus templates to manage vs about 30.

Jeannine Stuzka January 29, 2020

Would love to see labels available in the "Create from Template" macro.

Like Stephen Weiss likes this
3 votes
Daniel Winter February 27, 2018

Hmm currently also searching for that feature. Would be nice to add a label when using the "Create from Template" Macro. 

I use the same meeting note template on different pages within the same page. They should have different lables depending on which side they are

Example:

* Internal protocols 

* External protocols

3 votes
Andrew Whittington June 22, 2017

Just googled and landed here.  I would also like to see this feature.

2 votes
AB January 13, 2020

I'm looking for the same functionality. To have the option to add labels from the create from template macro would allow for much easier enforcement of space organization through labels.

Tim January 13, 2020

It works fine as you say, but the problem is that you can't add a label to an existing blueprint because you can't create a blueprint in the cloud version.

But I'm now using this method, it performs the same functions!

2 votes
Sylvain Giasson September 3, 2015

Same question here. Any answer?

1 vote
Monique Khairuliana[ServiceRocket]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 14, 2021

Hi Ronny,

ServiceRocket's Linking plugin can do this through its key macros "Add page" or "Add page via form". As a Content manager, you can set a pre-defined labels which the new created pages will have. Linking plugin is available in Confluence Server, Data Center, and Cloud.

Feel free to check the functions from our KBs or try the app on our demo site!

Hope that helps!
Monique
-ServiceRocket team

1 vote
Ellen Daleng March 3, 2021

The "Add Page via Form" macro from the Linking plugin from ServiceRocket works for this (you can add a label as a parameter to the button), but this is sadly not supported in the Cloud version, only Server/DC.
https://docs.servicerocket.com/linking/macro-reference/add-page-via-form
Maybe ask them when this will be available...

Monique Khairuliana[ServiceRocket]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 14, 2021

Thank you for the mention, @Ellen Daleng , The "Add Page" and "Add page via Form" macros in Cloud now supports this feature 🎉

Feel free to chat with us if there are any other Server App features that you'd like to see available in Cloud! We'd love to hear from you.

Cheers,
Monique

1 vote
Anne EQS
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 3, 2020

Same here - adding the label in the 'Create from Template Macro' would make us more flexible and spare the efforts of setting up and maintaining several templates (which are basically the same, only difference is the label), which in cae of a change all have to be updated accordingly.

1 vote
Ernesto Castro July 9, 2020

We are also interested in having a labels section on the create from template button to customize the labels on a new page created from a template.

1 vote
Lukasz Tymczak May 14, 2020

Is there any update here?

1 vote
Steffi Frank June 23, 2017

maybe i miss-understood what your requirement is, but adding labels in a template is possible

label in template.PNG

Bittsitt October 6, 2017

You understood the requirement, but doing it with templates is cumbersome. You can make one template for each label you want to use, but if you have 20 projects, and you want a unique label for your meeting notes for each project, you have to create 20 templates.

It would be much easier to just add the label in the create template macro. Then you can use the same template for all 20 projects.

Like # people like this
Martin Gregory February 1, 2018

I don't have that label adding thingo on my templates.

Has it been taken away?

Abel Lineberger February 2, 2018

@Martin Gregory - sure looks like it.  Was creating a new template today and cannot find the link to add a default label to the template.

Martin Gregory February 3, 2018

I filed a bug report on Thursday, haven't had an answer yet.

Martin Gregory February 3, 2018

Turns out it's a recently acknowledged bug:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-58971

By all means add your votes !

Like Cameron Gull likes this
Deleted user February 5, 2018

@Martin Gregory - That JIRA bug ticket is different to the feature that this is page is referring to. 

The ticket you added is a new bug where for all global templates:

1. The button to add/edit the labels on each template has gone.
  2. When you create a new page from template using the {createfromtemplate} macro the new page doesnt have any labels either.

So not only has the add edit function been hidden, potentially all labels have been lost. 

This is really serious....as my entire documentation framework used by 100+ people is built on button triggers, templates and labels to surface content up to dashboards. This cant get fixed soon enough.

This page however was about how crazy it is that you cant set what labels are assigned to a page created from a template via the {createfromtemplate} macro. 

But thanks for raising this, as having looked at this earlier and then noticed my labels had gone from the template, I put 2 and 2 together and realised the connection. 

Fingers crossed the button to add/edit comes back and all of the 100plus templates I have will suddenly have their labels reappear.

Ben

Martin Gregory February 5, 2018

Yeah - sorry for hijacking this bug - at first I had that innocent enquiry about "wait, you are describing something I don't see", which turned into "whoa, it's really gone".

Mark Thompson June 10, 2019

The Page Tree Creator (Blueprint Creator) plugin looks like it can do the job - but it doesn't work for cloud. Are there any options that would give the same functionality for cloud?

Like Jordan Iseri likes this
EPS Software Engineering AG July 10, 2020

Hi Mark,

Our App Page Tree Creator is now also available for Cloud. Here you can find the documentation regarding the labels: https://documentation.eps.ch/pptccdoc/latest/documentation/ptc-macros/ptc-button-macro.

Regards,
Stephan (PM at EPS Software Engineering AG, the vendor of the Page Tree Creator)

1 vote
Sylvain Giasson September 3, 2015

I found a feature request: CONF-30716 Create from template macro should allow user to add additional label

0 votes
Jacob Moffatt May 20, 2021

Just adding my team's need for this feature built into Confluence Server

0 votes
EPS Software Engineering AG
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 22, 2017

Hi Ronny,

Our commercial Add-on Page Tree Creator can do what you wish. Add different buttons on a page. Each button can be configured to add one or more labels to the created page.

Give it a try: Page Tree Creator Marketplace Link.

Regards,
Stephan

cparker5 February 16, 2021

This doesn't work for JIRA Cloud.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events