Adding issues from Confluence into JIRA with estimates

Sim Alam April 27, 2015

Is it possible to add time estimates into JIRA when creating those tasks from Confluence?

My usage case:

1. When quoting projects I would like to create a table in Confluence that has: Task, Description, Estimated time, Due Date.
  2. When a project is approved I would like to be able to select that table and automatically create a task (or sub-task) for each line of this table and have the task, estimated time, description and due date automatically be imported into JIRA.

Is this possible?

1 answer

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 27, 2015

Sorry but it's not! I want this tremendously as well but right now the JIRA "Create issues from Table" function ONLY supports one field, the Summary. The improvement request is here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-31867

I think it's in the pipeline, they just gave users the ability to do basic CSV import in JIRA so I'd imagine they're trying to tie it together with JIRA Importers add-on and such.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events