Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding Confluence license programatically

Adam Wickes May 28, 2021

Hi all, 

I am looking at implementing auto scaling with our Confluence cluster however it looks like the license needs to be replaced every time a new node is spun up. 

Is it possible to set the license programmatically? via api or another method?

Thanks,
Adam

2 answers

0 votes
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 2, 2021

Just noting there are two versions of this question on Community - taking an answer over on the other copy at this link.

0 votes
Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 30, 2021
Adam Wickes May 30, 2021

This is for Jira. Is there a similar mechanism for Confluence?

Adam Wickes May 30, 2021

Apologies, i just realised I asked this in the wrong place. I will close and ask under Confluence.

Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 31, 2021

No problem I can move it :) 

For Confluence  you should be able to change it in the specific config file 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/how-to-change-the-confluence-license-in-confluence-cfg-xml-720405151.html

Adam Wickes May 31, 2021

It's weird because i've looked at the confluence.cfg.xml file in both nodes and they both contain the exact same license.message property. Yet one of the nodes complains about license and the other doesn't.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events