Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add label to Confluence template

objectclass July 15, 2016

Hi,

I'm trying to add labels to our a template, so that all pages created from this template has this label.

On the Adding a Template documentation, under "Using the template editor" image there is a label-button where you can add labels.

This however doesn't appear at our site, where we are running Confluence version 5.9.11. Is this removed in the newer version, or where can I find it?

Thanks in advance.

4 answers

1 accepted

8 votes
Answer accepted
Sarah Heimeier July 24, 2016

Hi there,

You can find the label symbol at the top of the page in the editor, positioned next to the page tree. You can click on this symbol to add labels to the template you're working on. 

template editor.png

See the label symbol next to "Confluence Docs / Templates"

Here is the latest documentation that talks about making templates, for cloud:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/confcloud/Create+a+Template

Here is the documentation for the latest server version:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Create+a+Template

I hope this helps!

objectclass July 24, 2016

Thank you!

Didn't notice I was reading the old documentation.

Jerry Dodge April 3, 2020

The link for cloud version doesn't work anymore, and I have no such thing when editing my template. It's a brand new template I just created today. I can't find anywhere to add labels. 

Like Yellow Chicken likes this
Jerry Dodge April 3, 2020

I found it - latest version, the label icon sits just to the right of the page title while editing. 

5 votes
Petar Andreev May 21, 2020

Hi!
Apparently they have changed the location of the label button. Now you can find it under the "..." menu to the top right -> "Add labels".

Victor Prasad May 29, 2020

what version are you running?

Like Samantha Tiu likes this
zhibei ma May 30, 2020

I'm using confluence cloud. this answer is correct.

Like # people like this
Petar Andreev May 30, 2020

Confluence Cloud

Like Tal Cohen likes this
1 vote
Jayalal Kahandawa September 15, 2017

I am using version 6.3 above, you can add your default label using the lable add icon next to the template name.

Step 1: Edit the template

Step 2: Click lable icon next to the page name top-left coner.

Thanks

Jayalal

0 votes
Debra Graham September 1, 2020

I had the same problem-I was trying to add labels to the How To and the Troubleshooting templates.  The Confluence documentation says: 

"If you'd like all pages created using this template to have one or more labels, choose the labels icon next to the breadcrumbs at the top of the page to add them."

But there wasn't a Label icon in the breadcrumbs when I first opened the template for editing.  The Label icon appeared only AFTER I had saved the template and then reopened the template for editing.

BTW, I am using the Server version of Confluence version 6.15.9.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events