Add a custom button or two above the search

Kathryn Reddie March 5, 2021

Hi all,

We're redoing our intranet, and want to add a button or two above our search bar if possible.

I'm guessing it's custom HTML, and we have a stack of it already.

Has anyone done this before, and do you have any suggestions?

Thanks,
Kathryn.

PS - I'm not a developer, can read it (ish) and write a bit.

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 6, 2021

You probably don't want to mess with coding yourself, so I would recommend using an app that can insert the "web fragment" you want.  Most of the apps that provide customisable themes for Confluence can do this, and some others that are not just about theming can insert them too.

Obviously, as an Adaptavist, I'm going to mention Themebuilder as one of those apps that can do theming (but entire theming apps are probably overkill if it is just the addition of a button or two), and Scriptrunner can do web-fragments that lead to scripts or built in functions as well.

Kathryn Reddie March 8, 2021

Thank you @Nic Brough -Adaptavist-, that was very helpful.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Martin Seibert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 5, 2021

You may want to take a look at Linchpin Essentials and Linchpin Intranet. We have a lot of buttons next to search for hubs about events, people, spaces, apps, org charts and other stuff. Also this comes with a handy "out of the box" approach that requires little configuration effort and is a zero code process.

Both products include personalized navigation and content based on profile fields like locations or languages or departments as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2F_Lnww-_s

Kathryn Reddie March 8, 2021

Thank you @Martin Seibert ,that is very helpful

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events