Ability to restrict users from performing certain tasks

Ravi Pathak Alakh Niranjan November 29, 2021

Hi Community,

I am Ravi and I was tasked to create a confluence page to add an activity tracker and required each user to enter some details and then display that on the page. I used Easy forms and Easy Forms Report to accomplish this. But an additional request was made by my supervisor asking the ability to only display the records of logged in user (non-super user) and edit their records. wherein a super user will have access to all the records. is this possible to achieve it through confluence? need suggestions.

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 29, 2021

@Ravi Pathak Alakh Niranjan Welcome to the Atlassian Community

You can set it up so you super users have access to the reports page so they can see the records and you could also give them page permission to edit the form.  The non-super users could then just have access to the form and to submit it.  If you want them to be able to edit their form submission you can enable this on the forms setting.  Here is a link to the documentation.  https://artemis.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/SUP/pages/410911075/Easy+Forms+Server+-+User+Guide#EasyFormsServer-UserGuide-CreatingaReport 

Ravi Pathak Alakh Niranjan December 1, 2021

Thanks for the response Brant. but I am not seeing the options you are talking about.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 8, 2021

Page permissions are just the normal Confluence page restrictions.  https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/what-are-confluence-cloud-permissions-and-restrictions/

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events