404 after Confluence update

Hi everybody,

I have a big problem. I updated from Confluence 5.0.3 to 5.1.3 and after that I am not able to acces Confluence at all: "404 Site not found" everytime.

I alllready cheked my Port-Modifications in the server.xml and the data-path in the confluence-init.properties.

So I played back the 5.0.3-Backup, but that did not help at all.

I am a little clueless what to do. Can somebody please give me a hint what could be the Problem?

1 answer

1 accepted

After some trial and error I finally got everything running again, but I am still not sure what exactly went wrong.

Jira is running on the same VS as Confluence and the Jira-Sercive was still running while I updated Confluence. I think this could have caused the Problem.

dealing with the same issue, what did you try?

I do not remember exactly what I did. I think it really had to do something with the Jira-Installation running on the same virtual server.

I think I tried some simple stuff like rebooting the VS without starting Jira after that, played back the Confluence Backup an tried to update again without Jira running while updating Confluence.

Also I am not sure, but it could be that I tried to install the minor updates between 5.0.3 and 5.1.3 step by step instead going directly to 5.1.3 (like I did at first)

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

370 views 20 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you