404 after Confluence update

Magnus Siebert September 29, 2013

Hi everybody,

I have a big problem. I updated from Confluence 5.0.3 to 5.1.3 and after that I am not able to acces Confluence at all: "404 Site not found" everytime.

I alllready cheked my Port-Modifications in the server.xml and the data-path in the confluence-init.properties.

So I played back the 5.0.3-Backup, but that did not help at all.

I am a little clueless what to do. Can somebody please give me a hint what could be the Problem?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Magnus Siebert October 8, 2013

After some trial and error I finally got everything running again, but I am still not sure what exactly went wrong.

Jira is running on the same VS as Confluence and the Jira-Sercive was still running while I updated Confluence. I think this could have caused the Problem.

License June 11, 2014

dealing with the same issue, what did you try?

Like rowan gao likes this
Magnus Siebert June 11, 2014

I do not remember exactly what I did. I think it really had to do something with the Jira-Installation running on the same virtual server.

I think I tried some simple stuff like rebooting the VS without starting Jira after that, played back the Confluence Backup an tried to update again without Jira running while updating Confluence.

Also I am not sure, but it could be that I tried to install the minor updates between 5.0.3 and 5.1.3 step by step instead going directly to 5.1.3 (like I did at first)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events