I have a large number of PDF files. Is confluence a good way to distribute this?

Joshua Li February 9, 2018

Dear Forum,

I have ~3500 pdf files, totalling about 900 MB. It's a library of help articles.

Our team uses confluence extensively, so it would be preferable to extend that platform to host (indexing and searching of files) the library. I am thinking a file list page with the files attached.

Before I dump all the information on it, would you consider this to be a good fit with confluence?

Thanks

josh

1 comment

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 9, 2018

Hi Josh,

Confluence is better suited to be used as a wiki, rather than a file repository. It is true that you could host your PDF files, and the search will indeed index them, but it will only be possible to search using Confluence Full Search. Quick Search (i.e. the top-right search bar) only searches the pages within Confluence.

I've moved your question to the discussions forum, as I believe this is better suited to a discussion than a single right or wrong answer. Other users who use Confluence on a regular basis will be able to let you know what their thoughts are on the matter.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,
Shannon

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events