Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content of a central source (page) used - displayed - in multiple other pages

Rudolf Hirschbeck August 15, 2018

Hi Confluence Experts,

I would like to create a single page of knowledge to be used a the source and I would like to mark different sections / content on this page and to include - display only - those content on other pages.

Let assume I describe (in short) some sub processes on the source page and on some other pages I would like to show this description. One single source, multiple time used - display only - on other pages. How I do this?

1 comment

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 15, 2018

There is an app that supports this rather well.  It's called the multi-excerpt macro, and it allows you to surround many blocks of text on a single page with tags that can then be used to call the block into any other page.

If someone edits a page that is calling it, all they see is the macro with a pointer back to the main content.  If you edit the main content, than any changes are reflected in the calling page next time someone reads/refreshes it.

(It's a variation on the built-in excerpt macro, which also surrounds a block, but can only be used once on a single page - I use that a lot for building compound pages like "here's a list of servers with some core information about each", with each block of core information being an excerpt from a more detailed server description page)

Rudolf Hirschbeck August 15, 2018

Sounds good. Seems to be exectly what I need.
Will check / test it the next days. Thanks a lot for your help.

Rudolf ;-)

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events