Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence Whiteboards updates for May!

Hey all!

We wanted to share some updates for our newest capabilities in the Confluence whiteboards. We know that you’ve been asking for these, so we’re really excited to be sharing them with you. Please give them a go and let us know any thoughts! 

💬 Comments

We’ve now added in the ability to write comments on your whiteboards - tag your co-workers, have a discussion, leave them feedback on their boards! You can:

• Leave comments on the board or on specific content

• React or reply to comments already on the whiteboard

• Review all the comments on your whiteboard from the sidebar

Comments (1).png

⏬ Board Exports

We’ve also added the ability to export your whiteboards, you can access this from the right hand three dot menu. You have a couple of options when exporting:

• File type: PDF, PNG or JPG

• Export area: the full board or just your selected content

Export (2).png

Coming Soon

We’ve got a few other exciting capabilities coming reeeaalllly soon so we thought we’d give you a sneak peak!

🔗 Viewable Public Links

In the next few weeks we’ll be releasing viewable public links for whiteboards, just like we did with pages last year! Public whiteboards allow you to easily share your content with third-party partners or clients for convenient viewing, without the need for them to register for a Confluence account. Visitors can access whiteboard content without signing in, and view real-time updates and activity on the whiteboards.

Public links (2).png

Viewable whiteboards public links will available on all Confluence paid plans, and will have the same granular controls as our public link functionality for pages that ensures content can be shared easily but securely. This includes:

1. Granular controls at site and space level

2. Centralized and extensive auditability of public content

3. Measures to help you share widely but only when you intend to

🖱️ Scrolling and Navigation Preferences

We’re adding the ability to select your preference with how you move around the whiteboard - using your Mouse or your Trackpad. 

Preferences (3).png

We hope you enjoy using these new capabilities and as always, let us know if you've got any feedback on any of them! 

19 comments

Comment

Aristóteles Quintanar May 29, 2024

Wow, wow and super wow!!!!

Like # people like this
Yatish Madhav
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 30, 2024

Beautiful!!! Love these updates ... looking forward to using them and the upcoming updates too!!! 

The export was really need as many have echoed before.

Thanks @Emily Ditchfield  and Confluence team!

Like # people like this
Yatish Madhav
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 30, 2024

@Emily Ditchfield i picked up a small bug it seems. When exporting, it exports the grid too ... I did hide the grid and tried again, but it still exports with the grid? Please can you log this internally to fix OR have it added as option when exporting?

This is already a step in the right direction. Thank you again!

Like # people like this
Barbara Szczesniak
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 30, 2024

I'm happy to see the new export feature, especially the ability to export only selected content!

Like # people like this
Shawn Adams May 30, 2024

Create comment on the whiteboard with a 2 fingered tap (Mac). Not super obvious but useful.

Theresa McFarlane June 1, 2024

Thanks for the updates!

Eddy Lambert May June 3, 2024

Great and very valuable updates. The comments feature will greatly enhance to asynchronous collaboration. Public sharing is definitely a feature we need to try out and could be a game changer for bigger client or cross-organisational meetings and workshops, facilitating transparency and inclusion without the need for cumbersome and costly temporary access accounts.

Like Stephen_Lugton likes this
Kristy Russell
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 4, 2024

Is the ability to add comments available yet? I haven't been able to do this as of yet.

Like Andy Gladstone likes this
Amanda Barber
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 4, 2024

Awesome! Love all these updates!

Like Andy Gladstone likes this
Aaron Geister
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 5, 2024

It keeps getting better and better!!! I am in love with it and not having to go out to another system make it wonderful.

Jacqueline Eichberger June 7, 2024

i'm so exited :)

Rebekka Heilmann _viadee_
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 10, 2024

Great updates! Are there any plans on extending the public link with Edit/contribution permissions as well?

Natasa Sebek June 17, 2024

Ensure that all whiteboard features are accessible to users with disabilities, including screen reader support. Not sure if that's already available, but it just crossed my mind.

Allen Rosu
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 24, 2024

Great additions and I'm glad to see Whiteboards coming along so quickly! Please add a way to Search within each Whiteboards. This is one of the items that would help with some of the larger Whiteboards we create!

VKlint
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
June 24, 2024

Looking good Atlassian and Confluence Team! Keep improving the tool, it's already showing value!

Will June 24, 2024

Amazing. Love these updates.

Rosivatz Kurt
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
June 24, 2024

Any chance to see basic core whiteboard functionality like a freehand drawing tool added?

Like # people like this
Marek Pałyga June 25, 2024

Good job!! :) 

Sanjay Samani June 25, 2024

Nice new features, but still feel that having the 3 active whiteboard limit per user be the same for the Free and Standard plans is a bit of a kick in the teeth for paying customers. I think having a 10 limit would be appropriate for the Standard plan.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events