how to configure bitbucket 4.11.0 to listen on a port other than 7990

I downloaded   atlassian-bitbucket-4.11.0-x64.bin  and installed it on  a Linux box.  But I need to modify the default port.  On the https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucketserver/changing-the-port-that-bitbucket-server-listens-on-776640049.html    it says:

edit the shared/server.xml file in the <Bitbucket home directory>.

Bu the issue is  I don't see any server.xml file.   I do see 

/opt/atlassian/bitbucket/4.11.0/conf/.default-server.xml, I made the change as expected and restarted the atlbitbucket server, but the java process is still listening on port 7990.  I also copied this .default-server.xml  to server.xml, default-server.xml and restart the bitbucket, still the same.  Do I miss something?

Also I see scripts.cfg has a line 

bitbucket_httpport=7990

What is this file for?   I changed the port here too, but I only see the onscreen meessage changed when I start the bitbucket.

1 answer

Hi Bill,

If you installed Bitbucket Server with the installer, the default <BITBUCKET_HOME> should be: /var/atlassian/application-data/bitbucket/shared/. This directory is deployed by default by the installer. Could you please have another look?

None of the other files you mentioned should be changed.

The directory you pointed out is the <BITBUCKET_INSTALLATION> one.

Hope that helps.

Best regards,
Thiago Bomfim
Atlassian Support

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Piotr Plewa
Published Dec 27, 2017 in Bitbucket

Recipe: Deploying AWS Lambda functions with Bitbucket Pipelines

Bitbucket Pipelines helps me manage and automate a number of serverless deployments to AWS Lambda and this is how I do it. I'm building Node.js Lambda functions using node-lambda&nbsp...

662 views 0 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot