Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

forking a project

May Tal
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 22, 2020

I'm login my Bitbucket account and try to fork repo. but the fork button not apper in + under get to work. what can I do?

1 answer

0 votes
Tyler T
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 23, 2020

You may need to adjust your repository settings to see the fork options appear. Here is some documentation:

https://support.atlassian.com/bitbucket-cloud/docs/set-repository-privacy-and-forking-options/

Set forking permissions

Forking permissions allow you to specify whether and how a user can fork your repository. Because public repositories allow public forks, you must make your repository private to restrict forking.

1. From the repository, click Repository settings in the sidebar.
  2. From the Repository details page, if you don't see the Forking option, select This is a private repository.
  3. From the Forking dropdown, select one of the following options:
    • Allow forks—Users can fork the repository and those forks can be public.
    • Allow only private forks—Users can fork the repository and those forks will be private.
    • No forks—Users can't fork the repository.
  4. Click Save repository details.
May Tal
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 23, 2020

Thank you!

But i'm trying to fork someone else's repos

Tyler T
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 23, 2020

In that case, the other repository might have forking disabled. Maybe you could clone it instead?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events