Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong stash project when creating branches from Jira

Flavio Beck April 13, 2015

Hi,

We have a stash project for each JIRA project.

Both projects have app links (https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA060/Adding+Project+Links+between+Applications)

I suppose when I go to some JIRA issue and click on "create branch" I should be suggested to create a branch in the proper stash project (set on project link), but JIRA always direct me to the last stash project where I have created my last branch.

because of that, some users have created branches in wrong stash projects.

How can I avoid that?

Is it possible to restrict to create branches in a wrong project?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Mibex_Software
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 29, 2015

Hi,

There is an issue for this already: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-39322.

Until this is naively supported by Stash, you could try our new (and free) Stash add-on Create Branch Repository Selector which selects the Stash repository for the JIRA project in the create branch dialog when coming from JIRA. The mapping between a JIRA project and a Stash repository is implemented by scanning the commit messages for JIRA issue keys. It takes the repository which has been tagged the most with JIRA issue key's for the JIRA project the user would like to create a branch for.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Michael

1 vote
Mike Friedrich
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 13, 2015

I believe recent JIRA and Stash versions don't use project specific links. The suggested project is just what JIRA remembered as what the user used last time.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events