Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watching a repo but not receiving email notification for commits

Mike Goddard August 1, 2018

I've looked through several of the discussions regarding this issue, and am still a bit confused as to whether it is, or is not, working properly ... I am using BB v5.10.0. If I create a repo and watch it, selecting 'all branches' for pushes, and 'all pull request activity' for pull requests, I do not receive email when I complete either of those activities. That appears to be the opposite of what should happen. If another user watches my repo however, selecting the same options, he *does* receive email on those actions. Is this a current issue with v5.10.0, and is there a fix?

Thanks in advance!

1 answer

1 vote
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 2, 2018

Hi Mike, welcome to the Community! 

You won't receive notifications for changes or actions you make yourself, you'll receive them for actions other users perform on the repositories you're watching, so what you described was the expected behaviour :) 

Can you confirm you do receive notifications when someone else makes a change in a repo you're watching?

Let us know!

Ana

Mike Goddard August 3, 2018

OK thanks!  Yes, I do receive emails while watching other repos, so that is working correctly.

Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 10, 2018

Nice! That is the expected behaviour, let us know if you need anything else :) 

Have a good day,

Ana

Markus Nasellu August 7, 2020

Hi,

Is it possible to change those behavior so one can also receive mail notification for own pushes? Or as a suggestion, can you please add an option to notifications so one can enable to receive mail notifications for own activities !?

Thanks in advance!

Markus

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events