Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Webhooks between JIRA and Bitbucket server

Zachi Meyer August 10, 2020

Hi,

My company has JIRA and Bitbucket servers and we started to look for the option of webhook between them. I want to understand the use of webhook and if we need to use this option.

Which scenarios is good to create webhooks between JIRA and Bitbucket?

For example, is there any option to use webhook  the Issue with type "Story" will block create branches?

Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 10, 2020

Hi Zachi,

I'd recommend using application links between Jira and Bitbucket, as a full application link allows you to do many more things than a webhook alone. It also handles user authentication, so actions in one application correctly happen as that same user in the linked application. Here's a great Atlassian blog post showing some of the things the application link will let you do.

To get started with application links, check out our Linking Bitbucket Server with Jira document. You can likely figure out what's necessary to get the link configured from the Application Links page in Settings, but the document will walk through the process step by step and provide more information about what to expect.

Cheers,
Daniel

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events