Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlisted Bitbucket Repository?

Shawn McGough February 10, 2013

Is it possible to create an unlisted Bitbucket Repository? Similar to YouTube, which has a ability to create private, public, or unlisted videos. Unlisted means the url is unqiue and would not show up in search results. YouTube also gives the ability to reset the URL should it become more public than one desired.

I have some projects I'd like to share with a semi-large group (20-30 people) and yet not force them to create an account just to view. These projects are not appropirate for public view as they are specific to internal projects that might contain confiential information.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
aMarcus
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 10, 2013

I'm sorry, this isn't possible. If you have a team of users who will need to review your code, we'd recommend they create accounts and be given explicit access.

aMarcus
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 10, 2013

You can always request new feaures for Bitbucket at https://bitbucket.org/site/master/issues/new.

Shawn McGough February 10, 2013

Thanks for the quick response. I think unlisted repositories would be a neat feature. Is there a place to suggest features?

One thing I might try is making the repo public initially, then making it private once the group has viewed it. At that point, I would ask anyone within the group still interested to register an account.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events