Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two quick questions about Bitbucket server release upgrade

David June 22, 2020

Hello,

we are planning the upgrade of Bitbucket server release on a test server of ours: its current release is Stash v3.0.4 and we want to updrage it to Bitbucket 5.9.1.

- Do we have to do an intermediate release upgrade (for example to 4.xx) or can we perform a direct migration (following https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucketserver059/upgrade-bitbucket-server-from-an-archive-file-949255740.html )  from 3.0.4 to 5.9.1?

- On this Test server we have a “Bitbucket (Server) 10 Users: Starter License” whose support and updates is ended: do we have to renew this license before executing the release upgarde ?

Best regards

2 answers

0 votes
Christian Glockner
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 23, 2020

Hi David,

Bitbucket Server 5.9 has already reached end-of-life status - is there any reason why you don't just upgrade straight to version 7?

Cheers,

Christian

Premier Support Engineer

Atlassian

David June 24, 2020

Hi Christian,

I work in a corporate where they are still on Bitbucket 5.9 and our department has to be upgrade our old release but keeping it aligned with the rest of the company tools releases.

Thanks,

regards,

David

0 votes
Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 22, 2020

Hi @David , 

I don't remember having to do intermediate upgrades for Bitbucket so I think you're fine : the biggest change is that most configuration is now done in bitbucket.properties rather than server.xml, you can view the documentation to migrate it here : https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucketserver059/migrate-server-xml-customizations-to-bitbucket-properties-949255746.html.

Regarding the license : you will need to renew it before doing the upgrade

Let me know if this helps, 

--Alexis

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events