Recognition

• Give kudos
  • My kudos

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Search in commit messages via Bitbucket Server web UI? Edited

Hi,

Apparently this has been asked a lot of times but I didn't find a definitive answer... Can you search in commit messages? I have Bitbucker 5.10 and it searches well in code, however I am unable to find a commit by e.g. a word or two in its description. It would be very handy to be able to do so.

Thanks for any suggestions :)

Best regards

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hi,

Bitbucket Server doesn't currently support searching commit messages. We have an open feature request for this here - you can vote for this feature and watch the issue to get any updates.

Regards,

Isabella - Atlassian

Thanks, I didn't know that. I'm a bit disappointed, though, about what you wrote there: "This suggestion is a priority for the Bitbucket development team and is on our roadmap", it was in December 2016. It's been nearly two years now and still no updates :( Given the "priority", I wonder if it ever gets to production.

Like # people like this

Highly disappointing. Highly.

Like # people like this

We're getting to the end of 2019 now. This is among the features I'd assume to be MVPs and must-have for even an initial release, yet it's been over 7 years since the case was created...

Like Andreas Schwab likes this

Yes, this seems like a very basic feature we should have.

I would have to agree - this is pretty important.

Hi all, thanks for all the messages. We do track all the feature request on the official Bitbucket project. You can find a similar feature request here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BSERV-2560

What you can do is to vote for the ticket and also add yourself as the watcher of it. Thanks to that you will get the updates about the feature and a notification when the feature is released.

Thanks,

Maciej Adamczak
Bitbucket Developer

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Bitbucket

Powering DevOps with Bitbucket Server & Data Center

Hi everyone, The Cloud team recently announced 12 new DevOps features that help developers ship better code, faster   ! While we’re all excited about the new improvements to Bitbucket ...

1,892 views 0 7
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you