Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search in commit messages via Bitbucket Server web UI?

Docent August 9, 2018

Hi,

Apparently this has been asked a lot of times but I didn't find a definitive answer... Can you search in commit messages? I have Bitbucker 5.10 and it searches well in code, however I am unable to find a commit by e.g. a word or two in its description. It would be very handy to be able to do so.

Thanks for any suggestions :)

Best regards

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Isabella Stephens
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 9, 2018

Hi,

Bitbucket Server doesn't currently support searching commit messages. We have an open feature request for this here - you can vote for this feature and watch the issue to get any updates.

Regards,

Isabella - Atlassian

Docent August 10, 2018

Thanks, I didn't know that. I'm a bit disappointed, though, about what you wrote there: "This suggestion is a priority for the Bitbucket development team and is on our roadmap", it was in December 2016. It's been nearly two years now and still no updates :( Given the "priority", I wonder if it ever gets to production.

Like # people like this
Derek White November 29, 2018

Highly disappointing. Highly.

Like # people like this
Jiri Petruzelka November 5, 2019

We're getting to the end of 2019 now. This is among the features I'd assume to be MVPs and must-have for even an initial release, yet it's been over 7 years since the case was created...

Like Andreas Schwab likes this
Ryan Stille December 26, 2019

Yes, this seems like a very basic feature we should have.

Like Robert_Talianu likes this
kathie roy August 19, 2020

I would have to agree - this is pretty important.

Maciej Adamczak
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 19, 2020

Hi all, thanks for all the messages. We do track all the feature request on the official Bitbucket project. You can find a similar feature request here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BSERV-2560

What you can do is to vote for the ticket and also add yourself as the watcher of it. Thanks to that you will get the updates about the feature and a notification when the feature is released.

Thanks,

Maciej Adamczak
Bitbucket Developer

nirnahum October 10, 2023

It is open for 10 years...

Like Nika likes this
Nika November 21, 2023

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events