Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restarted the server for updates

Ben_Hartland May 18, 2020

The following problem occurred, which prevents Atlassian Bitbucket from starting:

• The database, as currently configured, is not accessible.

Windows Server 2012 R2, database is MySQL Server 5.7.

Any advice on where I need to look to resolve this? 

Additional info, same server is also running Jira 8.0.0 without issue, and Confluence 6.10.1 without issue. 

I know they all need updating, but I've attempted this previously on a VM clone with bad results. 

2 answers

0 votes
Ben_Hartland May 21, 2020

I ended up restoring the VM back to before updates and restart. It works again. 

Kurt Klinner
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 21, 2020

Hi Ben

glad to hear that the restore did help.

On the db config, check https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucketserver/bitbucket-server-config-properties-776640155.html the bitbucket.properties file is the one containing the db config

Cheers

Kurt

0 votes
Kurt Klinner
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 18, 2020

@Ben_Hartland 

Hi Ben

welcome to the Atlassian community.

Are Jira and Confluence using the same database server?

Did you verify that the used credentials for Bitbucket do work. Did you check the bitbucket properties file to see if the connection settings are right?

Cheers

Kurt

Ben_Hartland May 19, 2020

Hi Kurt, 

Thank you for your response. 

Jira and Confluence are using the same database server as Bitbucket. 

The credentials for Bitbucket haven't changed as far as I know, but I'm not sure where to check this. 

Kind Regards

Ben

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events