Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Moving server from Atlassian Bitbucket v4.2.0 to v7.11.1 (different machine)

Hello !

I want to move a bitbucket server to a new clean server. But as the title said, the actual server is at v4.2.0 and the new one is at v7.11.1.

On the actual server (4.2.0), I use INERNAL DATABASE, and I want to do the same on the new server until I move on to an external postgreSQL database.

What I did so far is to copy the BITBUCKET_HOME folder from my actual server to my new one (I just zipped it and unzipped it in the new server BITBUCKET_HOME location like it said here : https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucketserver/migrating-bitbucket-server-to-another-server-776640406.html ) And I've correctly set my /bin/set-bitbucket-home.sh

So the application Bitbucket server is starting perfectly, but nothing is displayed in the projects/repos tab ! 

So my guess is that it's impossible to move from an embedded database to an another one with such a gap between the 2 versions, am I correct ?

I've also noticed that the old version of bitbucket 4.2.0 included a "stash" to store data, is this a feature or something I missed when I transferred all the data ?

My last option now is to use the migration wizard of the actual database (4.2.0) to migrate all the data into an external database. I will then connect the new bitbucket server (7.11.1) to this same external database. Could this works ?

Thanks for your time !

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Bitbucket

New improvements to user management in Bitbucket Cloud 👥

Hey Community! We’re willing to wager that quite a few of you not only use Bitbucket, but administer it too. Our team is excited to share that we’ll be releasing improvements throughout this month of...

3,741 views 10 16
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you