Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving server from Atlassian Bitbucket v4.2.0 to v7.11.1 (different machine)

Diégo March 12, 2021

Hello !

I want to move a bitbucket server to a new clean server. But as the title said, the actual server is at v4.2.0 and the new one is at v7.11.1.

On the actual server (4.2.0), I use INERNAL DATABASE, and I want to do the same on the new server until I move on to an external postgreSQL database.

What I did so far is to copy the BITBUCKET_HOME folder from my actual server to my new one (I just zipped it and unzipped it in the new server BITBUCKET_HOME location like it said here : https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucketserver/migrating-bitbucket-server-to-another-server-776640406.html ) And I've correctly set my /bin/set-bitbucket-home.sh

So the application Bitbucket server is starting perfectly, but nothing is displayed in the projects/repos tab ! 

So my guess is that it's impossible to move from an embedded database to an another one with such a gap between the 2 versions, am I correct ?

I've also noticed that the old version of bitbucket 4.2.0 included a "stash" to store data, is this a feature or something I missed when I transferred all the data ?

My last option now is to use the migration wizard of the actual database (4.2.0) to migrate all the data into an external database. I will then connect the new bitbucket server (7.11.1) to this same external database. Could this works ?

Thanks for your time !

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events