Merge Button is disabled and showing conflicts even though there are no conflicts

Hi All,

we have Stash running in Production.

Recently we are facing issue that merge button is disabled in Stash(it shows conflicts even though there are no conflicts).

Please help me out in resolving this Issue. Many developers are facing issue in merging the pull request because of this.

Atlasian ticket has been raised, but didnt get resolution from them. please help me out.

Quick reply is appricated.

6 answers

yes i am able to do it in command line.

i am able to merge through command line.

Through StaSH merging is not happening.

@Balazs Szakmary

There are no merge conflicts.

This is showing merge conflict and merges are not happening.

Can you check if you can do that via git command in Stash box? In other words, the repositories you are trying to merge are fully accessible from Stash box? Permissions are set as they should be in Stash?

This might be trivial, but are you sure it is because of merge conflicts and not because of build or approve requirements?

One reason for "changes, where obviousliy are none" usually is line ending conversion during git operations. This depends on your git-setting core.autocrlf.

As it's quite complex to explain - and exhaustingly discussed already, I would recommend googling for "autocrlf" ...

Oh - I see original question is talking about "Merge in Stash". So it's about working with pull requests ... Sorry - no experience on my side with this.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Jun 12, 2018 in Bitbucket

Do you use any Atlassian products for your personal projects?

After spinning my wheels trying to get organized enough to write a book for National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) I took my affinity for Atlassian products from my work life and decided to tr...

24,728 views 26 12
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you