Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to show the fork parent on a forked overview page?

Jörg Schömer April 12, 2022

When comparing with GitHub we see the fork parent link on the overview page. I'm missing this link in the forked repo on Bitbucket!

I know there is a link in the "Fork syncing" settings page, but I think it would be nice to see it more clearly.

2 answers

0 votes
Karthick S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 12, 2022

Hello @Jörg Schömer

Thanks for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

In Bitbucket Cloud, it is possible to create a fork of the repository. You may check the below reference:

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Karthick S

Hi Karthick,

I know how to create a fork.

what I like to have is a link to the forked repo (fork parent), the source of the fork in the overview page of the fork repo.

when I‘ve created a PR from a branch in my fork repo and want to delete the branch I’ll get an error like: there is a PR including your branch. The PR is located in the fork parent repo, so I’ve to find the fork parent repo to delete the PR and then go back to the fork to delete the branch.

otherwise a link could be rendered in the error message pointing to the PR, this would also be very helpful!

It’s not to hard to render a link to the source within the overview. As I said, GitHub does it and it is really helpful.

kind regards 

0 votes
seanaty
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 12, 2022

FWIW this link exists on Bitbucket Cloud. Sorry I don't know about server.

Is it configurable?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events