Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Integrating Crowd for Bitbucket Server with Atlassian Cloud SSO using Okta

We migrated from Server to Cloud for Jira and Confluence after securing access to it with Atlassian Access and Okta (our SSO provider). We broke our Bitbucket Server integrations when that occurred. Does anyone have experience in using Crowd to sync these access systems so that I can reintegrate Bitbucket with Jira and Jira Service Management? 

1 answer

0 votes
Pramodh Community Leader Jan 29, 2021

Hi @Matthew Day 

Replacing the Server URL with the Cloud URL would suffice.

The crowd is for User management - since authentication changed re-establishing the connection would integrate the systems.

If you have to use OAuth, please let me know.

Thanks,
Pramodh

Hi Pramodh!
Thank you for answering, and apologies for the very late reply. I don't really check email often. :-(
RE: 'Replacing the Server URL with the Cloud URL would suffice.'

I don't understand. I'm the manager, so I haven't set this up. Do you mean the Jira Server URL in Bitbucket being replaced with the Atlassian Cloud instance URL? 

Our Bitbucket server instance (on prem) isn't currently accessible external to our internal network. Staff need our VPN active to access it. If it were externally accessible (easily enough to setup with our load balancers), it would need SSO enabled and require Okta. 

If the flow between these systems us uni-directional (Bitbucket -> Jira), then what you say may work. If these systems have bi-directional requirements (Bitbucket <--> Jira), then I think there is more work involved. 

I'm told Bitbucket DataCentre, which natively supports Okta, might be a solution; however, I still need to understand if the flow is one way or both ways. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Bitbucket

New improvements to user management in Bitbucket Cloud 👥

Hey Community! We’re willing to wager that quite a few of you not only use Bitbucket, but administer it too. Our team is excited to share that we’ll be releasing improvements throughout this month of...

3,884 views 10 16
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you