Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integrating Crowd for Bitbucket Server with Atlassian Cloud SSO using Okta

Matthew Day January 29, 2021

We migrated from Server to Cloud for Jira and Confluence after securing access to it with Atlassian Access and Okta (our SSO provider). We broke our Bitbucket Server integrations when that occurred. Does anyone have experience in using Crowd to sync these access systems so that I can reintegrate Bitbucket with Jira and Jira Service Management? 

1 answer

0 votes
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 29, 2021

Hi @Matthew Day 

Replacing the Server URL with the Cloud URL would suffice.

The crowd is for User management - since authentication changed re-establishing the connection would integrate the systems.

If you have to use OAuth, please let me know.

Thanks,
Pramodh

Matthew Day March 12, 2021

Hi Pramodh!
Thank you for answering, and apologies for the very late reply. I don't really check email often. :-(
RE: 'Replacing the Server URL with the Cloud URL would suffice.'

I don't understand. I'm the manager, so I haven't set this up. Do you mean the Jira Server URL in Bitbucket being replaced with the Atlassian Cloud instance URL? 

Our Bitbucket server instance (on prem) isn't currently accessible external to our internal network. Staff need our VPN active to access it. If it were externally accessible (easily enough to setup with our load balancers), it would need SSO enabled and require Okta. 

If the flow between these systems us uni-directional (Bitbucket -> Jira), then what you say may work. If these systems have bi-directional requirements (Bitbucket <--> Jira), then I think there is more work involved. 

I'm told Bitbucket DataCentre, which natively supports Okta, might be a solution; however, I still need to understand if the flow is one way or both ways. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events